Welcome to the City of Peterborough Child Care Waitlist Site
- All child care and EarlyON settings must operate with enhanced health and safety measures in place
- The City of Peterborough, continues to work with Peterborough Public Health, to update and revise as necessary a framework for safe and healthy child care centres in the city
- All centres will be required to follow strict health protocols and meet additional requirements to safely reopen. The new protocols include:
- enhanced cleaning
- mandatory screening of staff and children
- limitations on visitors
- ensuring an updated COVID-19 response plan is in place
- The City’s framework is based on the direction of the local Medical Officer of Health, and outlines the requirements for all licensed child care providers and EarlyON centres in Peterborough
- Staff are required to complete mandatory PPE and health and safety training
- School age programs can begin charging fees beginning January 25, 2021. Connect with your centre to inquire about your space and fees
To complete your application, you must first create an account.
Once your account has been activated, you will need to provide information about you and your family on the application form. The information you provide will be used to suggest child care options. You may place your child’s name on as many lists as you choose. The child care provider will contact you when a space becomes available.
For more information on how to complete your child care application, view the attached video.
The Child Care and Early Years Act set specific rules, regulations and standards that child care agencies must follow to get and keep a licence. Licensed child care providers should have programs that include both active and quiet play, crafts, pretend play, outdoor play and many other kinds of learning. Licensed Child Care can be provided through:
A Child Care Centre
Home Child Care agencies
Licensed Home Child Care providers are represented in this application by one of two central child care agencies; Compass and Wee Watch. As there are many home-based child care programs in the city, the application does not list individual programs. If you are interested in home child care, we recommend that you use the manual selection feature to add yourself to the waitlist for the agency.
For more information on applying for Child Care Subsidy view the website here.