What is Child Care Subsidy?
Who Can Apply?
- You must be a resident of Windsor/Essex County, or if you are in Windsor/Essex County on a student/work visa, you must be in receipt of the Canada Child Benefit.
- You must be the child's parent, legal guardian, or temporary or kinship parent.
- The child must reside with you.
- A Federal Tax Return must be filed (in accordance with Revenue Canada Guidelines) for the most recent tax year, as the Notice of Assessment will be utilized as a factor to determine eligibility.
- Demonstrate a need for child care by either attending school, working, or having a referral in writing by an agency, doctor, or other professional who is currently working with you or your child.
- Use the Subsidy Calculator to estimate your monthly contribution amount of child care subsidy. Please note that this calculator tool is only a guide and the estimated monthly contribution may change during the child care subsidy application process.
How to Apply Online
- You must first register and create an account with Windsor-Essex OneHSN by clicking on the Create an Account button. Type in your e-mail address, and enter the text you see below, then select the Register button.
- You will then be given verification of your OneHSN account creation, and you will need to complete the OneHSN profile process by providing information about yourself and your child(ren), and then you must create applications to child care providers before the actual subsidy application will be available to you.
- Complete the online application and refer to step 4 for additional required documents.
Windsor, Ontario N9A 7K6
Fax: (519) 255-5303